Occlusion Valve (2 o-rings design style)
Occlusion Valves are an important safety accessory. Occlusion valve provides a way for you to bag your patient without the need to close and reopen the pop-off scavenger valve when bagging an animal. A simple press of the button closes the valve allowing manual bagging of the patient. Once released, the stainless steel spring opens the valve.
* You will lower the risk of pulmonary barotrauma and increase the ease of IPPV.
* No longer will you have to adjust or open and close your pop-off scavenger valve during surgeries.
* Adjusting the pop-off scavenger valve when bagging an animal accelerates wear on the scavenger valve springs and threads. This results in more parts replaced or worse valve replacements. See next paragraph.
Note: Most companies don't sell scavenger valve parts when they need maintenance or repair. This means you typically have to replace the pop-off scavenger valve with a new pop-off scavenger valve at some in an anesthesia machines lifetime. Most good-excellent pop-off scavenger valves cost in the $150.00 to $250.00 range.
Step one- Take one end of the occlusion valve and slide it over the pop-off scavenger valve port. The port is the area where the scavenger hose fits over normally.
Step two- After you push on the occlusion valve then take scavenger tube and push it over the end of occlusion valve and your finished. It is so easy that you won't believe it until you've done it.
What separates Eagle Eye's Occlusion Valve from our competition?
* Your safety is protected by the twin o-ring (Rubber seals) design which stops exhaust gasses from escaping during either routine use or when bagging a patient.
* 2 shoulder design allows for both 19 mm i.d. and 22 mm i.d. scavenger tube sizes to be connected to one of ends of the occlusion valve.
* 100 % metal construction.
* The valves body and button is made from rock solid machined aluminum.
* Spring and screw are made of high grade stainless steel.
* Fits most pop-off scavenger valves. Designed to fit 19mm (outside diameter) Pop-off Scavenger Valves.
* Adaptors available if needed.
Note: Some pop-off scavenger valves require a press-on adapter (Easy to install). Giving us a measurement on the outside diameter on the pop-off scavenger valve port (The area where the corrugated tube slides onto) will let us know if you need the adaptor. If you need any help on taking the measurement we are happy to assist you by phone or e-mail. Adapters are an additional cost.